Warning. This thai peanut sauce is addictive. It’s also gluten-free and vegan. I love it as a dipping sauce served with spring rolls, sweet potato fries, or fresh or cooked vegetables (it’s fantastic on top of roasted cauliflower, broccoli, or as a stir-fry sauce).
This sauce stores very well in the refrigerator if covered and can also be frozen. Bulk preparing sauces and refrigerating or freezing them is a great way to reduce food cost (bottled sauces are very expensive) and also speed up meal preparation time.
- 1½ cup full-fat coconut milk, canned
- 1, 4oz jar Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp(s) BRAGG Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Add all ingredients into a small or medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk to incorporate all ingredients and bring slowly to a simmer. Continue to whisk during heating to ensure sauce does not burn.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove pot from the stove and let it cool a bit before serving or serve it at room temperature.
*Not all calories are equal.
**This recipe is a much lower sugar version of the sauce published at shesimmers.com.